- This event has passed.
CEO Circle: Learning from ‘failure’; How to explore and deploy experience in a demanding world?
April 1, 2019 @ 8:00 am - November 1, 2019 @ 5:00 pm
We’ve all experienced not to be successful. But that’s something we hardly dare to dive into, let alone share with others. When we don’t learn from failure, it will continue showing up in our lives and be part of our behaviour. We want to understand better:
- what is experience and how does it ‘work’?
- more than knowledge: how body and mind experience
- coping strategies and locus of control: how do we deal with our experiences?
- experiential learning in practice: experience, reflect, conceptualise and experiment
- expectations and (preliminary) judgments: what does ‘the world’ want and how does this affect our behavior?
- success and failure: how do I deal with success and failure with the other person and with myself
We will organise four sessions in the Netherlands and have a three day walking retreat in the highlands of Scotland.
I will co-host this circle with Hans Leijtens. After a long career in various responsible positions within and outside the government (a.o. CEO Dutch Tax Authorities, Commander Royal Netherlands Marechaussee), he is now a Boardmember of the International Board of Auditors for NATO, an independent supervisory body located in Bruxelles. In addition, he is a research fellow at the Faculty of Military Sciences, where he does research on the operation of soft controls within (military) organizations.